The Mueller-Kuehn Company, which was organized in 1907, owns and controls one of the important wholesale grocery establishments of Racine and is enjoying a constantly increasing business. The firm succeeded to the business of Herman F. Mueller, who established the undertaking on the 1st of May, 1876, as a retail store at No. 1017 St. Clair Street. He continued to retail groceries until 1903, but in 1882 removed to the corner of Superior Street and Douglas Avenue, where he continued until 1887, when a removal was made to Nos. 1400-1410 Douglas avenue. There the business has since been continued and has been a strictly wholesale affair for thirteen years. Its ramifying trade relations now cover a broad territory and in 1903 a branch house was established in Kenosha. In 1910 the company erected a modern business block in Kenosha, forty by one hundred and thirty feet and two stories in height, adjacent to the railroad, so that excellent shipping facilities were thus secured. Mr. Kuehn has charge of the Kenosha plant, while Mr. Mueller remains in charge of the Racine plant. The company is now erecting a three-story building on Liberty Street and the Northwestern Railroad tracks, a fireproof structure especially designed for its purposes. The business has grown rapidly and the sales of the company now amount to about six hundred thousand dollars annually.
Source: Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement; Chicago: S. J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1916, 1216 pgs.
Copyright 2002-2017 by
The WebPages may be linked to but shall not be reproduced on another site without written permission.