The History of Racine City Bank
The Racine City Bank was organized in 1907 and opened its doors
for business on the 25th of January, 1908. Its first directorate
William G. Gittings, who was chosen president:
Fred W. Gunther,
Henry N. Bacon, cashier: C. A. Wustum, Chris Slot, E.
C. Tecktonius, W. T. Harvey, A. J. Piper, Thomas Hay, W. J. Higgins
and G. W. Blythe. There was no change in the personnel of the
officers of the bank, a fact which indicates the harmonious
relations which have ever existed in the management and the
efficiency of those who as officers control the affairs of the
institution, until two vacancies occurred, owing to the death of Mr.
Slot and Mr. Wustum, after which Peter Nelson and
W. H. Bell
succeeded to the places on the board made vacant by death. The bank
was capitalized for fifty thousand dollars and is located at 1345
Washington Avenue. The business of the bank has steadily increased
and its deposits now amount to more than five hundred thousand
dollars. It is regarded as one of the safe, substantial moneyed
concerns of southern Wisconsin, for back of it are men of well known
reliability, and the growth has been the legitimate outcome of a
business policy that is based upon a thorough recognition of the
fact that the bank is most worthy of patronage which most carefully
safeguards the interests of its depositors.
Source: Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement; Chicago: S. J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1916, 1216 pgs.
Copyright 2002-2017 by
The WebPages may be linked to but shall not be reproduced on another site without written permission.