The Red Cross Drug Company is one of the strong commercial enterprises of Racine. It was organized in 1905 by T. W. Thiesen, who bought out the Holmberg-Wichern Company, which was established about 1898 and which at one time owned four drug stores. Another was added in 1906 and business has since been conducted in these five establishments, which bring to the company a very extensive and gratifying trade. Each drug store is splendidly equipped with the latest and best products of the drug market, a competent force of salesmen and a manager is employed and the personnel of the house, the treatment accorded customers and the excellent line of goods carried insure a continuance of the liberal and well deserved patronage. The policy of the company is most progressive as instituted and carried on by the officers, who have incorporated the business under the Wisconsin state laws. The president of the company is T. W. Thiesen; vice president, Carrie Thiesen; secretary and treasurer, O. W. Gertenbach.
Source: Stone, Fanny S. Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement; Chicago: S. J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1916.