St. Rose Catholic church, of which Rev. John M. Naughtin is now pastor, was established October 6, 1885, when the corner stone. was laid, and the church was dedicated January 31, 1886. This was regarded only as a temporary structure, however, and the growth of the congregation soon led to a demand for a larger church. The corner stone of the present edifice was laid May 24, 1903, and the church was dedicated February 14, 1904. It is an excellent structure, well appointed and beautifully adorned, and the work of the church has been carefully organized through its various societies and steady progress is being made.
Source: Stone, Fanny S. Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement; Chicago: S. J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1916.