Wisconsin Genealogy is being developed as a genealogical and historical resource for your personal use. It contains information and records for Wisconsin ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Specifically, it provides sources for birth records, death records, marriage records, census records, tax records, court records, and military records. It also provides some historical details about different times and people in Wisconsin history.
The search on the right side will search all of the Wisconsin Genealogy website, but will not search the data linked to from our offsite data pages.
Featured Wisconsin Genealogy
- Wisconsin Obituaries
Just a start of Wisconsin Obituaries, please contribute yours!!
- History of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
After the county of Crawford had been created it was clearly seen that the people resident therein needed a town organization; so the secretary of the Territory of Michigan, William Woodbridge, then vested with the power and authority of governor, issued a proclamation forming a “township” (town), which was named the Borough of Prairie Des Chiens.
- History of Racine County, Wisconsin Businesses
Over 50 business histories taken from Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement.
- Racine County, Wisconsin Biographies
Over 400 biographies taken from Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement.
The following state borders Wisconsin and is not part of the Great Lakes Genealogy.
Great Lakes Genealogy
Racine is constantly drawing to it new industrial and commercial enterprises. Its development along manufacturing lines within the past few years has been notably rapid and among the concerns which have been started in the city in less than a half decade is that operating under the name of the Racine Hosiery Company, with W. R. Anderson as president, Alexander R. Anderson as manager and treasurer and J. H. Brinsley, secretary. The success of this undertaking was insured from the beginning, for its officers are men of long and broad practical experience in connection with every phase of the knitting…
The Racine Electric Company is one of the more recently established enterprises of the County, having been in existence for four years. It was organized in 1912 with Toulie Tolfson as president; John Ruggaber as secretary, treasurer and manager, and William Nelson as director. In the year 1913 Messrs. Tolfson and Nelson sold out and Herbert Van Bree, purchasing an interest in the business, was elected to the presidency. The business was started on Douglas avenue, in a small place, there remaining until the increasing trade caused a removal when larger quarters were secured at the corner of Prospect and…
The Racine City Bank was organized in 1907 and opened its doors for business on the 25th of January, 1908. Its first directorate included William G. Gittings, who was chosen president: Fred W. Gunther, vice president; Henry N. Bacon, cashier: C. A. Wustum, Chris Slot, E. C. Tecktonius, W. T. Harvey, A. J. Piper, Thomas Hay, W. J. Higgins and G. W. Blythe. There was no change in the personnel of the officers of the bank, a fact which indicates the harmonious relations which have ever existed in the management and the efficiency of those who as officers control the…
The Racine Carriage Company is one of the most recent additions to the corporations which are doing business in Racine and which promote the commercial and industrial activity and consequent prosperity of the city. This company was organized in December, 1914, and succeeded to the vehicle business of the Racine-Sattley Company and also to that of the Richardson-Kennedy Company. William H. Richardson became the president of the new concern, with Joseph O. Kennedy as vice president and J. C. Lund as secretary and treasurer. All three are well known to the vehicle trade throughout the United States, for Mr. Richardson…
The Racine Auto Tire Company was organized as a partnership February 1, 1910. by L. J. Elliott and Clarence H. Wright and was incorporated November 28, 1914, with Mr. Elliott as president, J. H. Wright as vice president and Clarence H. Wright as secretary, treasurer and manager. The plant is located at No. 1220 Fourteenth Street. They started with small space and three employees, while the output amounted to three tires per day. Something of the growth of the business within the short space of less than six years is indicated in the fact that they now employ one hundred…
The Perfex Radiator Company, of Racine, established business in Chicago in 1910 and was removed to this city on the 12th of October, 1912, a location being secured on Fifteenth Street, at the Northwestern railway tracks, where they occupy a three-story brick building one hundred and twenty by one hundred and ten feet. The business was established in Chicago under the name of the Aero Sheet Metal Works and afterward was incorporated there under the name of the Automobile Radiator & Parts Manufacturing Company in 1911. With the removal to Racine the name was changed to the Perfex Radiator Company…