Wisconsin Genealogy is being developed as a genealogical and historical resource for your personal use. It contains information and records for Wisconsin ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Specifically, it provides sources for birth records, death records, marriage records, census records, tax records, court records, and military records. It also provides some historical details about different times and people in Wisconsin history.
The search on the right side will search all of the Wisconsin Genealogy website, but will not search the data linked to from our offsite data pages.
Featured Wisconsin Genealogy
- Wisconsin Obituaries
Just a start of Wisconsin Obituaries, please contribute yours!!
- History of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
After the county of Crawford had been created it was clearly seen that the people resident therein needed a town organization; so the secretary of the Territory of Michigan, William Woodbridge, then vested with the power and authority of governor, issued a proclamation forming a “township” (town), which was named the Borough of Prairie Des Chiens.
- History of Racine County, Wisconsin Businesses
Over 50 business histories taken from Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement.
- Racine County, Wisconsin Biographies
Over 400 biographies taken from Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement.
The following state borders Wisconsin and is not part of the Great Lakes Genealogy.
Great Lakes Genealogy
A. Rasmussen and C. Rasmussen are treasurer and vice president respectively, of the Peerless Machine Company, which was incorporated in 1916. This company was formed for the manufacture of high speed power hack saws and their machines are now upon the markets of England, Denmark, Holland and Japan. In the conduct of this undertaking they have shown a most enterprising and progressive spirit and each month marks a notable advance in the success of the business. The brothers have been lifelong residents of Racine County, their birth having occurred in North Cape Township in 1878 and 1880, respectively, the parents…
The Mueller-Kuehn Company, which was organized in 1907, owns and controls one of the important wholesale grocery establishments of Racine and is enjoying a constantly increasing business. The firm succeeded to the business of Herman F. Mueller, who established the undertaking on the 1st of May, 1876, as a retail store at No. 1017 St. Clair Street. He continued to retail groceries until 1903, but in 1882 removed to the corner of Superior Street and Douglas Avenue, where he continued until 1887, when a removal was made to Nos. 1400-1410 Douglas avenue. There the business has since been continued and…
The Mohr-Jones Hardware Company of Racine was organized April 1. 1899, by Jacob Mohr and John W. Jones and succeeded to the business owned by Jacob Mohr, who in 1888 had become successor to the firm of Griffith & Mohr. That partnership was established about 1874 by W. T. Griffith and Jacob Mohr, but Mr. Griffith withdrew from the connection about 1885. In 1889 John W. Jones became an employee of the house and in 1899 became financially interested in the business. Jacob Mohr died January 9, 1909, and Mr. Jones then took over the Mohr interests. In the same…
The Mitchell-Lewis Motor Company was established under its present form in 1903 by W. T. Lewis and W. M. Lewis, who began the manufacture of automobiles using the motor invented by John W. Bate. Long prior to this the name of Lewis had figured in connection with manufacturing interests in Racine. In 1834 Henry Mitchell, a pioneer wagon manufacturer, had established business here and later was joined in a partnership by his son-in-law, W. T. Lewis, who purchased an interest in the business in 1864. They were manufacturers of farm wagons and after the partnership had been in existence for…
The Lavine Gear Company, which was organized in Detroit, removed its headquarters from that city to Wisconsin in March, 1912. Its plant was at first located at Corliss, Wisconsin, for eight months and at the end of that time a removal was made to Racine. The plant is located in the Satterly building and the company is engaged in the manufacture of auto steering gears for trucks and pleasure cars, these being built after their own design. They also manufacture a special steering gear for customers. Today the plant employs one hundred men who are skilled mechanics and its capacity…
The Junction Hardware Company is one of the well established and successful mercantile enterprises of Racine, the business being now carried on by Frederick T. and William G. Maxted. These brothers are sons of Frederick William Maxted, who was born in England and in 1881, came to Racine. In 1891 he established a hardware business at No. 1330 Washington Street, which was one of the first in that part of the town; and in 1894 he erected the present building, a two-story structure, thirty by eighty-seven and a half feet. Since that time the hardware business has been conducted at…