Wisconsin Genealogy is being developed as a genealogical and historical resource for your personal use. It contains information and records for Wisconsin ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Specifically, it provides sources for birth records, death records, marriage records, census records, tax records, court records, and military records. It also provides some historical details about different times and people in Wisconsin history.
The search on the right side will search all of the Wisconsin Genealogy website, but will not search the data linked to from our offsite data pages.
Featured Wisconsin Genealogy
- Wisconsin Obituaries
Just a start of Wisconsin Obituaries, please contribute yours!!
- History of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
After the county of Crawford had been created it was clearly seen that the people resident therein needed a town organization; so the secretary of the Territory of Michigan, William Woodbridge, then vested with the power and authority of governor, issued a proclamation forming a “township” (town), which was named the Borough of Prairie Des Chiens.
- History of Racine County, Wisconsin Businesses
Over 50 business histories taken from Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement.
- Racine County, Wisconsin Biographies
Over 400 biographies taken from Racine, Belle City of the lakes, and Racine County, Wisconsin : a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement.
The following state borders Wisconsin and is not part of the Great Lakes Genealogy.
Great Lakes Genealogy
One of the foremost business enterprises of Racine was organized in 1908 and succeeded to the business of John Geller, who had conducted his interests under the name of the Westside Printing Company. He had established the business about 1906, and it was conducted under the original name until 1910, when it was incorporated under the laws of Wisconsin as the Western Printing & Lithographing Company. In 1908 Edward H. Wadewitz had bought out the Westside Printing Company and admitted William Bell to a partnership, while six months later Roy A. Spencer became a member of the firm and afterward…
The Wallis Tractor Company, of Racine, was organized about 1912, with H. M. Wallis as president and treasurer; H. M. Wallis, Jr., secretary, and Oliver P. Conger, director. Later there were added to the directorate W. C. Quarles, of Milwaukee, and P. H. Batten, of Racine. The company manufactures farm and road tractors which were designed by R. O. Hendrickson. The factory was at first located at Cleveland. Ohio, but was later moved to Racine to be closer to the J. I. Case Plow Works, who are the distributors of its product in the United States. The chief distinctive characteristic…
The E. C. Tecktonius Manufacturing Company is a corporation, established in 1891 and incorporated in 1904, with office and factory buildings at 1224 Thirteenth street, and 1231-1233 Washington avenue, Racine, Wisconsin. This company, like all other enterprises that have stood the test, was established in a small way in the rear of the residence of E. C. Tecktonius, and by his careful management has made possible a fastener for connecting or joining the two ends of a band on anything circular. This simple device is now in use throughout the entire United States and Canada, and many shipments have been…
T. Driver & Sons Manufacturing Company is one of the old established industrial enterprises of Racine, business having been begun in 1867 by Thomas Driver, as a sash and door manufacturer. At that time he bought out Lucas Bradley, who had established the business in the ’40s and who was then located at Sixth and. Campbell streets. When Mr. Driver took charge he used every energy toward the further development of the trade and success was crowning his undertakings when, on the 17th of January. 1870, his plant was destroyed by fire. Although he suffered considerable loss, he met the…
St. Rose Catholic church, of which Rev. John M. Naughtin is now pastor, was established October 6, 1885, when the corner stone. was laid, and the church was dedicated January 31, 1886. This was regarded only as a temporary structure, however, and the growth of the congregation soon led to a demand for a larger church. The corner stone of the present edifice was laid May 24, 1903, and the church was dedicated February 14, 1904. It is an excellent structure, well appointed and beautifully adorned, and the work of the church has been carefully organized through its various societies…
The work among the Catholic people of the district now comprised in St. Mary’s parish began in 1838 and for four years thereafter they were visited by mission priests, including the Rev. Thomas Morrissy, who first visited Racine in 1838, at which time there was no Catholic church in the County. Following the arrival of Rev. Martin Kundig in 1842, the Catholics began the erection of a little frame church on Fifth street, on the present site of the Times building and the telegraph bureau. The church was completed in 1843 and dedicated in May of that year by Father…